A fantastic opportunity has become available within the NCS programmes team based in Doncaster.
We are looking for a creative, organised and community focused individual to lead on our National Citizenship Service (NCS) Programme in North Yorkshire/East Riding.
NCS is a government-backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood.
The NCS Programme Engagement Officer (initial 18 month fixed term, with possibility for extension) is a key role coordinating and implementing the Government’s National Citizenship Service (NCS) programme delivery, for Flying Futures CIC.
The successful candidate must have experience of working in a youth, social action or community setting. Responsibilities include planning and managing a mixed programme of residential and community based activities. There will be an element of travelling involved within the role and the potential for some overnight stays. The post holder will work to Flying Futures CIC vision, mission, values, commitments and objectives.
The post will be based initially at Flying Futures CIC offices in Doncaster with one day a week in our Wetherby office. Salary is £19k.
Closing date for all applications to be sent to shaun.ireland@
PLEASE NOTE : A covering letter outlining your relevant experience for the role, must be submitted along with your application. Applications received without a covering letter will NOT be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and deliver a quality NCS programme
- Write Activity Timetable prior to each delivery season. (summer, autumn)
- Programme design for all 4 phases ( residential away, residential home, social planning, social action delivery and graduation
- Participant attrition ( keep warm strategy and delivery)
- Responsible for a delivery area to the max 300 participants.
- Social action partnership building ( minimum of 10 partners per area)
- Planning and writing all risk assessments for all phases.
- Social media management (facebook groups, twitter)
- Allocation of delivery staff.
- Support with sessional staff training and planning.
- Deliver training modules to sessional staff.
- Work collaboratively with all delivery staff from all prime areas.
- Ensure all data is accurately inputted on to data management system (salesforce)
- Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with Flying Futures with policies, procedures and programme contract requirements.
- Support graduate activity when required (area specific)
- Create maintain and monitor all programme registers during delivery.
- Venue & delivery partner bookings for all phases.
- Accurately maintain delivery spend profiles
Job Type: Full-time