My role as non-exec includes;
– Providing entrepreneurial leadership to the business within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed.
– Set the Company’s strategic aims, ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the company to meet its objectives, and review management performance.
– Set the Company’s values and standards and ensure that its obligations are met
– Challenging the senior management team to strengthen their abilities and thought processors, to enhance performance and effectiveness.
– Share my HR experience to enhance the business as an employer of choice and having correct governance in place.
As part of my wider role Chair of the Remuneration Committee, I bring with me a wealth of HR experience that aids my responsibility for;
– Determine the strategy and policy in relation to terms and conditions of engagement including remuneration of the chairman of the Company and the executive directors.
– Development of the Remuneration Policy and strategy.
– Review and note annually the remuneration trends across the business.
– Oversee any major changes in employee benefits structures throughout the business.
I consider myself to be a commercially astute and strategic HR professional, with an exceptional track record working across both public and private sector organisations including professional services and manufacturing. I have operated effectively across small privately-owned, multi-site and global organisations, demonstrating adaptability and abilities to rapidly assess and add significant HR value. I have substantial expertise working with Trade Unions and dispersed management teams.
With 16 years experience in HR Management, my strengths include implementation of robust procedures aligned with organisational strategy and operations, across the broad spectrum of the HR function. My specialisms include organisational development, business improvement, employee relations, staff development and performance management.
I am a Chartered member of the CIPD and my qualifications include a Degree and Masters in Human Resource Management.
I feel a duty and responsibility as a HR professional to ‘give back’. Wherever I can contribute in a positive way and have a difference on young peoples lives, I aspire to do so. I feel a great sense of achievement and fulfillment when I help others and businesses.
Working at Flying Futures, provides me with an opportunity to work with a truly passionate, professional and outstanding entrepreneurial team, that are inspiring in so many ways. Flying Future provides me with a significant opportunity to make a difference to a cause I believe in.