Flying Futures is a Social Business that supports young people to ‘get on’ in Society.
Flying Futures is a non for profit Community Interest Company and supporters of the #iWill campaign. We manage and deliver a range of Social programmes across Yorkshire, the North East, Humberside and East Midlands, to bring about effective change to communities. This is done primarily (though not exclusively) through the use of sports, mentoring, training and employment and citizenship programmes with Children and Young People aged between 5 and 25 years of age.
We have bases in Wetherby, Stockton-on-Tees and Mansfield and have a team of 20 permanent staff and around 40 to 50 ambassadors and volunteers. In the peak of our delivery season Flying Futures recruits an additional 150 employees. Our staff have a wide range of skills and competencies, overseen by a board of directors. We are very much a Youth led organisation and Young People shape the work we do, in particular our ambassadors.
Our Mission Statement:
“Committed to empowering young people and their communities to make a difference and improve lives”
“To develop and apply innovative approaches that enable young people and the communities they live in to make sustainable changes to improve their lives.”
- We are committed to empowering young people and their communities.
- We are committed to our people.
- We operate our business ethically.
- We provide value for money for our funders.
- We strive continually to improve
- We actively develop and nurture partnership working.
Our Organisation Promotes:
- Vocational training
- Citizenship & social cohesion
- Accredited learning programmes
- Work experience
- Volunteering opportunities
- Healthy lifestyles